Both mental health and physical health can be a challenge to ADIs. Whether it is the lack of activity or interactivity it can all take its toll on your wellbeing. Physical exercise and talking opportunities are important strategies for even the most hardened ADIs. The DITC regularly gets calls from struggling instructors who need a little time to talk things through.
Therefore, we are excited to launch an initiative called ‘ADI Walk Back’. Encouraging Instructors to gather once a month and get some steps in while sharing a bit of time to chat with like-minded individuals. These will be based on a test centre location, but we are happy to support localised groups.
- To get an ADI Walk Back coordinator at every test centre (Register your interest below)
- A poster on the wall of each test centre promoting the monthly walk
- Champion a local or national road safety-related charity specific to each group
- Recommended date - 2nd Tuesday of the month (Starting February 2024)
- To make the world a little better one step at a time.
Download – Test Centre Poster – Please consult with LDTM (Test centre manager) we have asked for central DVSA permission
San Harper - Guild of Mindful Driver Trainers
We asked San to talk to us about ADI Walk Back and the importance of taking some time for yourself.
Posted by Chris Bensted
January 3, 2024